The STEAM approach is a lifelong learning resource. Not only for children, but for adults as well.
We invite you to join us in-person (Crazy Town, Jyväskylä) or online to an awareness discussion and makerspace to find out how STEAM can become a tool for self development in adult life.
The event is organised as part of the STEAM Plus Erasmus+ project, which aims to:
– to develop and practice lifelong learning skills in real world contexts.
– to learn and interact with adult learners in increasingly meaningful ways, modelling adult thinking and social problem-solving skills.
– to explore and experiment with ways to be increasingly independent and responsible.
– to master skills and interests, make initial decisions about the kind of life one hopes to pursue, and to develop a sense of self.
– to find supportive mentors who can provide guidance and supervision in adult practice and experiment with lifelong learning skills.
Participation is free of charge and registration is required. We kindly request our participants to fill out a follow-up survey.
15.00 – 15.10 Educational Entrepreneurship in Jyväsyklä: Introducing Experience Workshop Ay, based in the Crazy Town co-working space
15.10-15.15 STEAMplus Welcome – Kristof FENYVESI & Orsolya TUBA (Experience Workshop ay, Finland)
15.15-16.15 STEAM Awareness discussion: STEAM in Adult education – Guest Presenter: Sophia STIER (LilMathGirl Project, USA)
16.30-17.20 STEAM MAKERSPACE – Kristof FENYVESI (Finland) & Sophia STIER (USA)
17.20-17.30 Closing Discussion – Deepti Bora and Marc Perkins (EdDisCo, Finland) & Experience Workshop ay, Finland
Erzurum Technical University, Turkey
Óbuda University, Hungary
University of Linz, Austria
Mecidiye Anadolu Lisesi, Turkey
Experience Workshop ay, Finland